Tuesday, October 23, 2012

adiPure 360 | Born for Gym Bunnies




I'm sure many of you have heard or seen the adiPure 360 Trainers by now. It's taking over KL City by storm! You can see billboards, posters and taglines almost everywhere. Born For The Gym - sounds familiar? Well, I was fortunate enough to be invited to their adiPure 360 Roadshow Launch last month in Pavilion's Concourse area. It was actually their first stop, promoting the adiPure 360 Collections. If there's one thing I must say about these pair of trainers- I'd say.. BRILLIANT. ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT! And I kid you not, these trainers are worth investing in. 

Because at the end of the day, you wouldn't want to be splurging on a pair of trainers that will only end up giving you blisters and could only last less than a month. (Trust me, it happens. Especially when you go on a compulsive buying galore. Choosing trainers can't afford to be done that way). 

Nonetheless, with Adidas' latest collection of trainers- adiPure360, a multi-directional and multi-purpose training shoe designed to let your feet move as nature intended. It also helps you get the most out of your workout by helping to build natural strength, agility and balance by making muscles work harder during exercise. Now, that's something YOU'LL NEED! 


The event was hosted by YuJin, a wellness coach and fitness instructor. I'm sure you've heard quite alot about him during my Beautycamp days. Yes, he was the man who made me do all the unbearable exercises (from walking lunges, push-ups to abs crunches) first thing in the morning. That's unforgettable, no? HAHA. I think Adidas picked the right personality to be gauging the event. There's no better person than YuJin to do that. Unless, you think you're fitter than he is ;) You really should check out his PowerStart workshops - they're really helpful in shaping your life. 



The audiences and guests were given an insight of the most anticipated adiPure 360 trainers. Using super light and flexible materials, adiPure 360 features the latest in technology to support multidirectional movement, and the anatomically designed shoe provides comfort and support throughout every stretch, every squat and every exercise during your workout. If you're a gym bunny, just like me - think no further. THIS IS THE SHOE YOU'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR.




The design and overall flexibility of the adiPure 360 promotes unrestricted movement and harnesses the body's mechanics, and aims to strengthen the muscles in the feet, toes, ankles and lower legs. Not only that, it also offers a natural feel that is one step from being BAREFOOT but with the increased foot protection that is vital for a proper workout. 


If you're an avid gym-goer, gym instructor, loves body combat and Zumba (like I do) or a dancer, then with all honesty, this is the shoe for you. I am not saying because I was obliged to ( I wasn't anyway!), but most of you have known me as the gym junkie and health freak.. and I have tried and tested the shoes hence my statement should be considered legit! :P [ I will explain WHY below] 



The only thing I could think of looking at the two pictures above : IF YOU CAN GANGNAM, YOU CAN DO ANYTHING. And adiPure 360 can, you get the picture! HAHA. But you get what I'm trying to preach; you have to try it to believe it. 


Thank you Adidas Malaysia for the exclusive invitation and opportunity ( I have always been a full-on ADIDAS fan!). And guess what, they were also generous enough to present me a pair of adiPure 360 to be able to experience the brilliant-ness myself. THANK YOU ADIDAS! Amongst the lucky peeps were Sam Insanity, Linora Low, The Jessicat, Careen Tan (soon-to-be bride!), Gladys Tan ( her sister!), Mike Yip, Bryan Lim and Joshua Ong. 


I will be posting a follow-up post on my new pair of trainers. I was stoked to be receiving this pair of shoes, really! Though my current Adidas ClimaCool is only less than 1-year old. But, there's no reason for me dump that away because adiPure 360 was designed with the GYM in mind. Therefore, I personally think it wouldn't be to suitable for vigorous outdoor activities ( hiking, football, rock-climbing, etc.) since its specifically BORN FOR THE GYM. That's one point to take into consideration. 

So if you're NOT looking for a GYM-SHOE, then perhaps.. this wouldn't be as practical as it's made to be. I assume it would wear off faster than it should if used for extreme outdoor activities. But I guess, more subtle ones like badminton or cycling shouldn't be problem! Reason being, the sole of this adiPure 360 is much softer and flexible compared to the usual trainers. Hence, platforms (usually carpets or wooden floors) in the gyms would be more adaptable for the shoes, as compared to tar roads. You get the picture? 

Don't worry if you're still unsure - stay tuned for my follow-up post where I'll be comparing my current Adidas ClimaCool and my new adiPure 360! Here's a preview of my very own adiPure 360 in BLACK and PINK soles. I thought it would match my gym outfits better than the conventional Blue pair plus, my current pair of ClimaCool is Purple.. so I didn't want shoes of the same color (though their purple is really nice too! sadly, they ran outta sizes for my gigantic feet -.- ) 





See how flexible it is? Now, if you want to find out MORE about the shoes. You'll have to stay tune for my upcoming post. Meanwhile..


Adipure 360's Roadshow is still ongoing if you must know. 

Their last stop is happening this weekend (26th Oct- 28th Oct) at 1Borneo, Kota Kinabalu. Sabahan peeps, please drop by! 

The adiPure 360 is available for both men and women at the Adidas Sports Performance Concept Stores in Pavilion, KLCC, The Gardens and Empire Subang. Retails at RM 350. 

Or log onto www.adidas.com for better insights.

XX 

No comments: