Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Aaron and his mom needs your help!

PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME AND READ.

I don't usually do this, but when I do; I hope it would reach out to people for a good purpose. 

This is not an advertorial but a post, with hopes that you people, with beautiful heart could lend a helping hand. Its about a boy, Aaron who's mom was diagnosed with a rare form of cervical cancer. I do not personally know this boy; but I do know how it feels like to have someone so close, and dear to you to be diagnosed with cancer. It felt so personal when I listened to the song. It felt like, I know exactly how it felt like

My dearest Grandmother, passed away 8 years ago. She took care of me eversince I was a young as 5. She was my best friend, my mother, my father and my undefeatable enemy ( you'll find out why later). She'll make sure that she walks me out to my bus and will only leave when I'm out of sight. She always makes sure that I never starve ( and I never did when she was around). She would walk out to the living room, sharp at 9.30pm every weeknight with a rattan in her hands to make sure I go to bed on time ( I really hated her for not letting me watch my favourite dramas! haha. but it was such a love-hate relationship). She wakes up before I do, and sleeps only after fall into deep slumber. Whenever I get home late, I'll find her falling asleep on the couch waiting for me to get home safe. And when I do, she would re-heat the chicken essence that she prepared the night before for me. "It's good for you. You can never get this anywhere else", she always say. 

Indeed. I couldn't get it anywhere else.. 

She was the best grandmother I could ever have. She was my best friend. She was the healthiest lady that I've known. She will never let a day pass without going for her morning walks, even if its as early as 5am. But everything happened to quickly. So quick that.. I was confused when she had to leave. 

There was one night when I walked by her room. I heard her crying to my aunt saying " Please let me go. I can't take this anymore. Your father is waiting for me". My heart broke into pieces. She has suffered enough. The lung cancer has taken a toll on her. She did NOT deserve that. NOT TO ANYONE IN THE FAMILY. She was the JOY of our family. She was the reason everyone is united, together and in love, as a family. I was so mad. I was so pissed at God for taking her away from me. But as time healed my heart, I knew.. it was because GOD loved her very much. And she'll always be with me, in my heart.. for the rest of my life. 

My heart aches so bad as I'm writing this. And if there's one thing that I could wish for. It would be you to come back to our sides, to reunite as a family. But that, I know is something too selfish to wish for. 

Grandma, I know you've been watching over me. Through my ups and downs.. I have felt it :) Love you, and I always will.  

Having to say goodbye to your loved ones, is the hardest thing to do. So guys, please have a listen to this song. And help Aaron save funds for his beloved mom. 




Taken from Yuri Wong's Youtube Video description: 

"Recently, Aaron's mum was diagnosed with small-cell cervical cancer (SCCC). It's a rare form of cervical cancer that not many people know about. Aaron's a soft-spoken, well-mannered young man with a confident sparkle in his eyes. The night we met him at our studio, he sang, and we knew beyond any doubt that he had a gift. We decided there and then to help him use his talent to raise funds for his mum's treatment and awareness of her condition, so we helped him create this video and recording. Aaron's not a professional singer by any means; he works as an accounts executive for a local business. He's not trying to be famous, he just wants to help his mum."






If you'd like to help Aaron and his mum, you can do so in two ways:

1. Share this video with your friends and family - email it, share it on your twitter and Facebook, post it on your blog.

2. Contribute funds directly to him at Maybank (for Malaysian donors) 164017248313 or to his PayPal account (for International donors) at luenywoon@gmail.com

Follow Aaron and his mum's journey here:


http://momsroad2recovery.blogspot.com/

Contact Aaron here:

luenywoon@gmail.com

We're The Factory Music Studio & we're glad we can help Aaron in our little way.


http://www.facebook.com/TheFactoryMusicStudio    



The least you could do, is share this post or the video. 

Aaron, keep believing and never give up. Your mother is a lucky woman to have you as her ever faithful son. Speedy recovery aunty! We've got your back. God bless! 

No comments: