Thursday, September 13, 2012

CHIYO

This is probably one of the most 'self-absorbed' post in my entire blog timeline. I'M SO FULL OF MYSELF! ;P Yup, I finally have to time to actually sit down- filter the pictures, too lazy to edit since I'm pretty sure TJ (photographer) has already done it beforehand, upload, and brainstorm on what I should write. I've been bombarded with gazillion of tasks and assignments for the past weeks and another few more to go in the coming weeks. But I'd take this as a 'break' since there's no need for me to do in-depth research unlike my research essays ( they are certainly driving me up the wall -.- ). 

Anyhow, let's get to the point of this post. 

When I say CHI you go YO!

 CHI... YO! (one more time) CHI.....YO! 


It was a pleasure to be part of CHIYO's 2nd collection Lookbook shoot. If you must know, CHIYO is a brand founded by Isabel Lam, our very own homegrown fashion designer who's now based in Melbourne.  The brand, CHIYO personifies being 'sui generis' which means, one of its kind. The designer herself has created these contemporary yet timeless pieces that can be worn anytime, anywhere. I must agree that each and every pieces produced by CHIYO are of top-notch quality and they are absolutely comfortable. The materials are especially hand-picked and only come in limited pieces according to sizes. Not to mention, every piece of CHIYO is produced only after being handcrafted, hand-assembled to hand-printed. Classic! 

Founder of CHIYO, Isabel Lam even asserted that 

"CHIYO aims to captivate by creating bold clothes, unassumingly kooky shoes and expressive accessories that will undoubtedly have its wearer stand out from the rest. Asymmetry and geometry both serves as the core concept when creating each collection with various influences from Japan's eccentric street style to Australia's avant-garde architecture and colors". 

Ranging from women's wear, shoes and accessories- CHIYO has it all. 

This time around, CHIYO is presenting its 2nd collection namely DUAL URBANITY and WONDERPOP. The DUAL URBANITY collection features a very edgy yet feminine theme, with black, yellow, orange geometrical fabric prints. I personally find the Dual Urbanity collection extremely comfortable. If you're looking for something out of the ordinary, then the Dual Urbanity by CHIYO should be your pick. But when it comes to quality, that shouldn't even be an issue. I can assure you, all products by CHIYO are of great quality. 

Here are few of the many looks of the DUAL URBANITY collection. Which would you pick? 






In contrast,  the WONDERPOP 2012 collection features a very playful theme, with bright colorful asymmetrical skirts and contrasting sun-tops! I absolutely love this collection as it really brings out the the FUN in you ;) Well, at least it did to me. The color combinations are so quintessential! Major love.  Pair it with some accessories and high platforms, and you're good to go! Out of the four, which is your favourite? For me, I'd go for ALL FOUR! ;D 





CHIYO, a Malaysian-Australian brand that I foresee will very soon become the "IT" clothing brand in Malaysia. From what I've heard, CHIYO has already become one of the many favourite brands in Australia. Kudos! Oh yes, I've almost forgotten to mention- it is also available for sale in Melbourne. So you Aussie peeps, make sure you lookout for CHIYO! 

Featured on NOT JUST A LABEL ( I see myself!) *does the chicken dance

Here's some close-up shots of the products. To be honest, it was my first time doing product/clothing/apparel shoots. The amount of outfit changes I TELL YOU *digs a hole and stuck my head in like an ostrich -.- FUHHH! Well, it was well worth it for sure. Glad my body parts could be put into good use #SHITMODELSAYS 






Make up by Sharon. 


Photographer: TJ and Co. 
They were also the official photographers during my Miss Universe Malaysia/ Beautycamp days. Had no problem finding my angles cus TJ is already familiar with my body angles. Made things so much easier, really! :) 


CHIYO's 1st Shoe Collection 


Find out more about CHIYO:

Website: www.shopchiyo.com 
Facebook: www.facebook.com/shopchiyo

AUSTRALIA 

Design A Space 
www.designaspace.com.au
20, Manchester Lane, Melbourne
142, Chapel St, Windsor (coming soon in mid-Sept)

MALAYSIA

Bazarro 
Lot 61, Jalan Maarof, Bangsar KL

Zalora 
www.zalora.com.my/chiyo 

SINGAPORE 

Asia Fashion Inc 
www.asiafashioninc.com 


p/s: CHIYO is having SALE this month (SEPTEMBER) only in their Malaysia's stokist, BAZARRO. Up to 30%-50% sale! Make sure you check it out :) I've already gotten myself two pairs of shoes! 

No comments: