Sunday, April 7, 2013

WeChat Party 2013

[ADVERTORIAL] 

I don't know about you, but WeChat has definitely played quite a role in my daily life. Considering I use it almost everyday, it's hard not to depend on it now. Well, I guess it all started when me and my mum had quite a conversation conundrum. As most of you may have already known, I'm a banana ( I can't write or read Chinese, but hey I CAN SPEAK!) while on the other hand, my mum.. she's not very fluent in English so we will usually converse via phonecalls because instant messaging is almost impossible. I will still end up calling her for translations so.. there's just no point! 

Eversince I was introduced to WeChat ( really, thank god for smartphones!), conversations with mummy has never been easier! We would send voice messages ( one of the best features of WeChat) and funny emoticons that's made available to WeChat users. Previously, our conversation would only last for max 5 minutes on the phone, but now.. we would just go on and on about everything! :) No more language barriers - in fact, my mandarin is improving now! 


I am the least tech savvy person in the world and I can be extremely picky when it comes to mobile applications. But I was surprised that, despite being introduced to uncountable amount of IM apps - I still think WeChat is one of the most user-friendly and reliable ones. So if you haven't tried WeChat, I really think its high time you do. 

p/s: I'm not paid to say this. This is purely customer feedback ;) 


Was invited to WeChat Party 2013 held at Neverland, Kuala Lumpur last Tuesday and I couldn't think of a better person to go with if not my sister (who's finally down in KL)! Managed to introduce her to some of my blogger friends and it was her first time ever attending events; I hope it wasn't much of a cultural shock for her ;) Nonetheless, we had quite a blast reconnecting with some of my long lost friends, and for her - meeting new ones! :) 

Special thanks to Careen Tan for the invitation! xx 


The event intended to introduce their newly appointed Malaysian ambassadors namely Shaheizy Sam and Lisa Surihani which I'm sure needs no introduction! Notice the QR Code? Just scan them with your smartphones to add them & have a chat with our local celebrities ; what better way than WeChat? Well, I'm also going to be a lil thick face and get you guys to add me up! Here's my code ;) Maybe you could say "Hey, found you from your WeChat post!" at the [add friend] message, so that I know you're one of my readers! :) 




Needless to say, WeChat is so much more than just a chatting app! :) You get to send texts, voice messages, pictures, videos, emoticons like no other and so much more! WeChat is now available for iPhone, Android and even Blackberry users - plus, there's no download fee required. Communication has never been easier, really! :) [ I still remember those days when I'll wait by the house phone for just a phone call. It's really amazing how much 'TIME' alone can change!] 

We were all well entertained throughout the night with local celebrities and even better when I found out that Rudy was hosting the event! He was such a great host - I've got so much more to learn! 

Henley Hii performing on stage.
Live Chat on the screen while Rudy gets his game on! 
Song performance by Awi, local singer.

Had such a blast catching up with some of my blogger friends since I haven't been very active at events. Duty calls - assignments, shoots & training has taken up most of my time. Truth be told, gymming alone has taken probably 1/4 of my day! Wish I had more time in a day so I could do more. There's just so much to do, yet so little time :( 

Mandy with her giant WeChat doll x 
M x Stephanie Lim
Mandy x M x  Sis 
Sis x Mandy x Casey x M x Stephanie 

Sis x Careen x Casey x M 
Sis x Naomi 

Special thanks to Mandy from Mandylogy.com and Casey from squidrocktopus.com for some of the pictures above :) Couldn't take much with my S100 under the bad lighting and overexposures. Thinking of re-using my DSLR but they're so heavy and bulky :( 

For some reason, my blogpost can't seem to upload any videos but check out their latest TVC by both the ambassadors at http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CSzHzFwYflg ( thats the exact link btw!) 

For more information, log onto : 


Till then! 

No comments: