Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Impromptu Penang

I'm pretty sure most of us have that 'well-planned-plan-but-never-happened' kinda plan.. (you get what I mean?) HAHA! I'm sure you do. All the 'plans' of having an all-girls trip to Bangcock, Phuket and my 'god-knows-when-it-will-actually-happen' solo travel to Europe.. STILL HAVE YET TO BE EXECUTED. Typical typical ;) Nonetheless, this super impromptu trip to Penang was quite an exception. And, surprisingly was executed pretty damn well! Kudos to Nita and Aaron :P 

Well..like what Jane said - if it wasn't for Aaron's departure back to Beijing, it is very unlikely for the trip to happen. Chinaman is the boss mah! :P 

p/s: Readers, I know you don't quite know who's who from the names. But you'll get the hang of it soon ;) Well, I'm pretty sure you know who Juanita is. 

Back to the story- so yep! We were supposed to depart at 2.30am ( ADVICE: Don't drive w/o any sleep prior, the entire clan's lives are in your hands)  and we somehow ended up leaving at 5am only. Managed to reach Penang by around 10am. Phew, it sure was a bumpy ride. But you know what, they're worth it ;) 

Will cut the LONNNNGGGGG story short. I reckon the pictures should suffice as the 'narration'. Too much details if I were to jot everything down. You get the drift ;) 

We left before dawn! 
Rest stop somewhere along the North-South highway. 
I'm going straight to the point. Well, if you come to Penang- it has to be their infamous FOOD! And our first stop ( wait, I think it was our 3rd stop.. anyway) was the NASI KANDAR!! Super fattening but I couldn't NOT try it :( 

Nasi Kandar - 1 ||  Maggy - 0 

Nasi Kandar Line Clear. Was told there was a better one called Nasi Kandar Beratur but this was good enough to keep our tummy happy. One thing inevitable though- THE LONG ASS QUEUE. Worth it lah, worth it. But I suggest you get a partner to share the portions with you. Prevent from overeating! Thank God for Jane who was willing to ber-partner with me :P Otherwise... 






Sotonggg! 














I almost caught Nita doin' the Gangnam across the street. ALMOST. 
And the beach. Well.. OF COURSE! It's Penang hello? Plus, I'm so damn sick and tired of the concrete jungle. Really don't mind taking a month to just stay by the beach, wake up to the sound of the gushing waves, the sea breeze.. oh, life would've been perfect then. And I shall keep dreaming :p






Errr.. Baywatch or Gaywatch? 

Shane x Nita x Jane x YoursTruly 

Had such an amazing time w the peeps over at Penang! Managed to also stop by Ipoh for dinner before resuming our journey. Its always better with great friends around huh? ;) Just a really short worded post cus I'm currently down with major flu, sore throat and fever. What a bummer! :( Can't deny that I travelled a tad too much just within a week. Taken a toll on my body :P Can't wait to the rest of the year! 2 vacations in December and an exciting journey ahead! 

Well, till then! xx 





No comments: