Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Laugh Die You!

I don't know about you, but I'm always up for a good comedy show! I'm pretty sure these names are of no stranger to most of you ; and what I love about them is that, it doesn't matter where you're from or what you do but there's that thing that will surely unite us all - LAUGHTER! :) 


It is the first of its kind in Malaysia, "Laugh Die You" will bring the best of comedy from Malaysia and Singapore on ONE stage. Quite a battle, I must say. I look forward to see who's gonna bring home the victory cup (if there's one :P).  You'll be witnessing our very own Malaysian stand-up comedian, Douglas Lim take on Singapore's "motormouth queen", Kumar! If you're not sure or haven't heard of Kumar then you'll have to first watch this video. This was my first encounter with Kumar (after stumbling upon him on Youtube) and I've always wanted to watch him LIVE! 




A show like on other, this highly anticipated show will be hosted by the very hilarious Mr. Phua Chu Kang himself, Gurmit Singh. The 2 and a half hours comedy show will also feature home-grown stand-up comedian, Rizal van Geyzel. 

"It is going to be a fantastic comedy show. It will showcase a distinctive taken on Malaysia vs. Singaporean comedy. Be prepared as well to be entertained by the best in Singapore, JB and some say even Batam", said Gurmit Singh. 



That's Phua Chu Kang with one of our favourite Malaysian comedian, Harith Iskandar. I could see where this is going already, Douglas and Rizal will surely do a good job representing Malaysia. I'm so stoked! :) 




The show will be held at the HGH Convention Centre, Kuala Lumpur from 14th to 15th May 2015. Be sure to mark your calendars! 


Just a little background, "Laugh Die You" is a direction translation of a Cantonese phrase, "siu sei lei", which simply means "to laugh until you die". The show is expecting at least 4000 Malaysians to fill its venue which will definitely include me! 

Tickets are priced at RM 308 (VIP), RM 258 (GOLD), RM 158 (SILVER) and RM 108 (OKU Cardholder) respectively and you can purchase them at www.vip.my. 


Lucky you if you're reading this before the 31st of March because early birds get a 15% discount (for VIP and GOLD only). For those who are travelling from afar, fret not because Seri Pacific Kuala Lumpur is providing a discounted rate of RM340nett (normal rate: RM 638nett) upon prior booking and proof of ticket purchase. 

For more information on hotel booking, you can contact the hotel directly at 03-40494325 or 03-40425555. 

Go get your tickets before it's too late. I'll be there for sure, so I'll see you there! 

Kudos to Popcorn Studio for making this happen! x 


Love, 
Maggy 

No comments: